We are hiring
You are the person who is going to make us look good. You are going to wrap all our amazing brainiac code into something actually usable. You are a UI and UX designer with experience in App and Web site design, you have already worked for tech companies and know how to communicate (and deal) with product managers and developers. You are passionate about your designs and will defend them by providing the rationale behind your decisions, but you will at the same time have an open mind for feedback and peer’s contribution. You want to build applications that people use, that bring a smile to users’ faces. You are COMPLETELY user-centric and very sensitive to user interaction and app design aesthetics.
Bonus level unlock
Extra brownie points if you are passionate about photography, typography, magazine layouts and experience in print art-direction, with a god-given eye for colour treatment and composition.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions, product direction, visuals and user-experience.
- Communicate design ideas using user-stories, user flows, process flows, sample pages, site maps and wireframes, as well as present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to the team.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Own and maintain the website in terms of design, content and occasional updates.
- Incorporate functionalities and features into websites and Apps;
Skills and Requirements
- Relevant training/certification (Diploma/Degree) in a related field
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools such as Figma or Marvelapp
- Proficiency in content management systems. (WordPress)
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
We believe in finding the right person; everything else is negotiable. You can have any title you want, we don’t care for “ranks” so you can call yourself the “Pixel Barista”, or simply “The UI Fella”.
We work out of a large private WeWork office at City House (opposite Lau Pa Sat).
We provide top-in-class hospitalization insurance and the other usual perks being in a WeWork brings (like free-flow beer, coffee and free weekly Breakfast, Yoga/Barre/Spin/Gym/Om… etc)